Monday, September 1, 2008

BYU- Go Cougars!

Well everyone, we finally made it here! Cortney drove her car up on Tuesday, I drove up with our good friend Kimber Woodruff on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Janell flew up Wednesday! It has been pretty crazy this week with Freshman Orientation. They definitely kept us on our toes with something planned for just about every minute of every day! It's been rather interesting since I don't see the Janell, Cortney, or Kimber very much, but I know that they are having fun over in David John Hall. But they can tell you more about that than I can.
Meanwhile I am having fun on my own in Hinckley Hall!! It's strange being surrounded by people that I have never met before, but then again it has its perks. After living in Mesa my whole life, it's so strange to not have a reputation following me! Nobody here knows that I was in the Top 20 or that I was the Laurel Class President. I get to act however I want and no one cares! Don't get me wrong, I don't act wild and crazy, but for once, it's just nice to not have that following me wherever I go. Anyways, that was my little bit of venting :)
Now on to business. My roommate's name is Kamarie Lindahl and we get along perfectly! There hasn't been any awkwardness between us, and she is really easy to talk to. We have had a lot of fun together meeting the girls on our floor and the people in our Y group (those are the groups we were assigned to for Orientation). Tonight, we have our first FHE activity and tomorrow we have our interviews with the bishopric to determine our callings! AHH! I hope I don't get called as a Sunday School teacher because I'm pretty sure I will have a nervous break down!
We have also had some pretty cold weather already up here! It rained last night and this morning and from what we can see, there already appears to be some snow up on the very tops of the mountains-something that we Mesa girls aren't too used to seeing! This weather is definitely a change from Saturday. It was SO HOT sitting in the stadium during the very first BYU football game of the season! It was so much fun and of course we won :) Go Cougars!
That's all I have to say for now, but now for the best part! Pictures!



This is the Beast. Well that's what I think it should be called at least :) It's the Woodruff's big fifteen seater van. There was only one row of seats in the back and the rest was taken up by all of Kimber's stuff plus about four bags and a pillow from me!









Another shot of all of our luggage filling up the van! It doesn't look that bad here, but really it was so full.
We went to the service fair and decided to go to the "Stop and Serve" center located in the Wilkinson Center (or "The Wilk"). We were sooo good at looming those hats! The only awkward thing was those big glass windows. People just kept staring at us like we were animals in a cage or something!




Me and Kamarie in front of our beautiful door. Home sweet home- #3205!




My family came up on Thursday and left today. Here's little Jackson (don't worry, he live in Provo so he will be featured a whole lot more on this blog!) He has just barely discovered the joy of iPods :)





Here's me and Ali driving around Provo. I am going to miss her so much!



The football game against N. Iowa! Janell and Cortney just had to get a picture with the Sonic cup.



Waiting for the game to start...about five minutes later we were all about ready to die of heat stroke




The football team doing the famous Hauka just prior to the game...it reminded me of Mesa High because our team always did the Hauka there too!
Even though we decided later that we didn't really like sitting so close to the field, our seats were great for one reason: they are right by where the football players enter the stadium. It was pretty awesome seeing them come out! By the way, our seats are only seven rows back, but in the future, I think we will sit with friends instead :)
Dana

4 comments:

Heidi Brinton said...

how cute! Ah sad, hopefully I will be joining you in two years! :D your roommate looks so cute and nice! Tell her hello, even though i have no idea who she is! haha love ya girl!

Tannis said...

How fun!!! You will have so much fun up there I bet. Well I'm sure it will be tough too haha.

Hey I made my blog private, so if you want to keep looking at it you can email me at tanny_may@hotmail.com and I can send you an invite.

=]

The Stokers said...

Dana! I am so glad you are in Provo! You are going to have so much fun this year as a cougar!

Kimber said...

I do heart the Y :)