Last night, Janell, Cortney, Tate and I went to go see Jimmy Eat World live at the Dodge Theater in downtown Phoenix. We also brought along our friend Amber Neel and her boyfriend Erik Payne. We bought our tickets Monday night, so we were pretty sure that we were going to be stuck somewhere in the back. Boy were we surprised when we were only 20 rows from the pit and that our seats were WAY better than my brother Jesse's (he bought his ticket two months in advance)! So, of course, being the wonderful little sister that I am, I scoped out an empty seat in our row and told Jesse to come take it.
Come to think of it, I still don't think he's said thank you for that....hmmm....Anyways, the show was AMAZING to say the very least. They played so many good songs and Jesse and I rocked out the whole time!! Oddly, we were the only ones among our group that really got into it...I guess we are the only true Jimmy fans ;) Here are some pictures and videos that were taken during the show but shhhhh don't tell....cameras weren't allowed haha!
The Chase This Light peacockIt was really hard to keep the camera still while kind of trying to keep it hidden, so sorry that it's a little shaky at times! The other cool part about this show was the lighting. They had different lights flashing on and off throughout the show- it was an awesome effect!
Jesse says that he has never heard of Jimmy playing Hear You Me live before so this was quite a treat to hear! Again, sorry for the shakiness...
By this point, my arm was really tired of holding the camera up, but I managed to capture a little clip of The Middle since I know that so many people like this song :)
After the show, we got in Tate's truck and were so ready to go home and get to bed! We got into the lane to turn onto the freeway when I noticed that it was Erik's car in front of us! Cortney told Tate to honk the horn and right at that second, Erik's emergency lights turned on. Erik came back to us and told us that his car died! So, Janell, Cortney, and I hopped out of the car and directed the traffic to go around us while Tate and Erik used their muscles to push the car into the McDonald's parking lot across the street. We ended up driving both Amber and Erik home. It's a good thing we were right there to help out! Yay us! :)
Dana



No comments:
Post a Comment