Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Job Hunting

Yesterday, Janell and I went job hunting because we both were DESPERATE!! The first place that we stopped was Ajilon- a temp agency. The most exciting part was our inability to get into the parking lot, so we just parked nearby and climbed over a wall. Real professional, I know :-). We filled out some paper work, took the elevator down (by the way did I mention that Ajilon is located on the TOP floor of the big blue Bank of America building? Talk about an exciting elevator ride!!) and by the time we reached the car again, I had already received a call from my agent, Kristina, telling me that she had a job for me! I was psyched! So today, I started my first full time job as a receptionist in an office. I felt exactly like Pam Beesley for those of you who are familiar with The Office. Too bad there's no Jim though to make the time go by faster :-). The company is called BNG Enterprises (a name I will not soon forget due to the number of times that I had to say it while answering the phone today) and they sell health products. The most popular of these items seems to be the detox drink that is supposed to flush your body of all toxins in an effort to aid weight loss. Nothing wrong with that, right? Wrong. Come to find out, most people use it so that they can get the drugs out of their systems before taking drug tests. Can you believe it?! Who even thought of that?! It seems like it is impossible to get an innocent job! First I am helping criminals (according to Ryan) and now this....sigh.....Anyways, everyone was super nice and I am excited to work there for however long they need me (especiallly since they are paying me $12/hour-something I thought would be impossible for a high school graduate to find). Unfortunately, Janell has not had the same result so she is still in need of some employment. But I'm sure that something will come up soon since she has some amazing skills! In the meantime, we'll keep wishing for the best for you Janell! Now I am exhausted and I get to look forward to another nine hour day tomorrow. Whoopee. But hey, maybe I will get to sort through some more mail from angry consumers who didn't pass their drug tests!

Dana

No comments: